UPDATE #8 – Redondo Beach Closure Extensions
Redondo Beach, Calif.
With the continuing public health emergency due to COVID-19 and in support of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Safer at Home Public Health order, the City of Redondo Beach has extended its prior order to provide for the following:
- Redondo Beach City Offices, including the Main and North Branch Libraries, remain closed except for telephone and remote access through May 15, 2020.
- The Redondo Beach Pier and the currently closed City spaces, parks, and facilities remain shut down in conjunction with the Countywide closure of beaches through May 15, 2020.
- The Anderson Park Senior Center, the Perry Park Senior Center, and the Veteran’s Park Senior Center and associated programs remain closed until further notice.
- All-City Park Playgrounds and all City Basketball and Tennis Courts remain closed through May 15th.
- Certain parks and fields remain closed through May 15th including; Wilderness Park, Aviation Park, the Dog Park at Dominguez Park, Veterans Park, the Teen Center, and the baseball fields at Dominguez, Alta Vista, and Perry Parks – are closed to the public through May 15, 2020.
- The Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center remains closed through May 31, 2020.
- The face-covering requirements applicable to workers and customers of certain businesses and essential service providers such as grocery stores, laundromats, restaurants, and hotels remain in place through May 15, 2020.
- The opening of Seaside Lagoon, scheduled for May 23, 2020, has been postponed indefinitely. Attached is a copy of the Summary of approved City Manager Emergency Actions ordered to date. As a reminder, in order to reduce the risk of spreading illnesses, it is recommended that each person:
- Adhere to the Countywide Safer at Home Order issued by the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. • Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing using a tissue or sleeve (not hands).
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces often. Individuals are encouraged to follow the guidelines of the Los Angeles County Health Department, the California Department of Public Health, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more information:
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health:
- California Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to address the threat of COVID-19 in Redondo Beach.