Update #7 – Redondo Beach Enacts Mask Requirements
Redondo Beach, Calif.-Due to the continued rapid spread of COVID-19 and the need to further protect Redondo Beach residents and those who work in our community and to reduce the impact on hospitals, medical professionals, and various health care facilities in the area, the City of Redondo Beach is enacting additional measures as described below. The Redondo Beach City Manager, acting in his capacity as Emergency Services, Director, has issued the attached order effective midnight tonight (April 10, 2020, at 12:00AM)
The face-covering requirements are subject to further extension
if conditions warrant. Please remember that masks are not a substitute for social
distancing and hand washing requirements.
In order to reduce the risk of spreading illnesses, it is recommended that each person:
- Adhere to the Countywide Safer at Home Order issued by the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing using a tissue or sleeve (not
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces often.
Individuals are encouraged to follow the guidelines of the Los Angeles County Health Department, the California Department of Public Health, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more information:
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health:
- California Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to address the threat of COVID-19 in Redondo Beach.