Update #5 – Revised Countywide Safer At Home Order
On March 21, 2020, the County of Los Angeles Public Health Department issued an enhanced Health Officer Order to reconcile elements in the March 19, 2020 Health Officer Order necessary to be consistent with the Governor’s Order. The enhanced Order prohibits all gatherings and events and clarifies that golf courses and personal grooming services (including hair and nail salons) are nonessential services that are closed. The enhanced Order is attached.
As a reminder, in order to reduce the risk of spreading illnesses, it is recommended that each person:
- Adhere to the Countywide Safer at Home Order issued by the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health (copy attached)
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing using a tissue or sleeve (not hands).
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces often. Individuals are encouraged to follow the guidelines of the Los Angeles County Health Department, the California Department of Public Health, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more information: Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: https://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/
- California Department of Public Health: https://cdph.ca.gov
- Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to address the threat of COVID-19 in Redondo Beach