From 11:59 p.m. March 16, 2020 through 12:00 p.m. March 31, 2020:
- The prohibition of all gatherings, with limited exceptions, where at least 50 individuals are expected to be in attendance;
- For all gatherings not prohibited, follow Los Angeles County social distancing recommendations and provide access to handwashing facilities;
- All restaurants in Redondo Beach must limit their services to only preparing and offering food to customers via delivery service, via pick up for take-out dining only, or via drive-thru;
- The closure of Bars and Nightclubs that do not serve food, Gyms, Fitness Centers, Movie Theatres, Live performance Theaters, Bowling Alleys, and Arcades;
From March 16, 2020 through June 16, 2020:
- The prohibition of utility shut-offs and late penalties for non-payment utility bills and the prohibition of late payment penalties for parking violations; Throughout the duration of the local emergency and until further notice:
- A temporary moratorium on evictions for the non-payment of rent or mortgage payments by residential and commercial tenants/occupants impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
Putting these measures in place is necessary for the protection of life and property in Redondo Beach and throughout Los Angeles County. The intention of these actions is to help safeguard the community and to limit the prevalence of COVID-19 in our area.
By decreasing the prevalence of COVID-19 we will:
- Reduce the spread of COVID-19 before an effective treatment or vaccine is available.
- Protect those most likely to experience severe symptoms, such as older individuals and those with underlying chronic conditions.
- Minimize the social and economic impacts of COVID-19 over the long run.
As a reminder, in order to reduce the risk of spreading illnesses, it is recommended that each person:
- Stay home if sick or need to care for a sick family member.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing using a tissue or sleeve (not hands).
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces often.
Individuals are encouraged to follow the guidelines of the Los Angeles County Health Department, the California Department of Public Health, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.