The City of Redondo Beach is actively pursuing funds to help make your commute easier, here are some projects already approved and working through the process:
- Adding a right turn lane on southbound Inglewood Avenue to westbound Manhattan Beach Blvd. This will provide congestion relief from the 405 Freeway to Manhattan Beach Blvd.
- Adding a right turn lane on northbound Aviation Blvd to eastbound Artesia Blvd. This will provide congestion relief from along Aviation Blvd.
- Adding a right turn late on westbound Marine Avenue to northbound Aviation Blvd. Plus repaving of Marine Avenue.
- Traffic circles to help with difficult neighborhood intersections:
Traffic Circle Experiment
- You will be seeing a few 4-way stop sign corners being removed for small traffic circles. It should help slow traffic and eliminate the dangers from people ignoring stop signs. After one year, they will be evaluated to see if we want to expand or discontinue their use. To see the complete report, see the August 16, 2016 City Council Meeting minutes: https://redondo.siretechnologies.com/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=497&doctype=AGENDA
- FEASIBILITY OF CONVERTING ALL-WAY STOP CONTROLS AT LOCAL RESIDENTIAL INTERSECTION TO MINI-TRAFFIC CIRCLES
Projects Christian Horvath and Laura Emdee are advocating for:
- 182nd & Inglewood Avenue
- Turn signal into Vons parking from Inglewood Avenue
- Turn signal into Costco/Tomboys from Marine Avenue