The Recreation & Parks Commission has asked Council to review and change our Pet Policy Municipal Code. We currently do not allow dogs in any parks.
In the NO camp, the reasons cited are:
- Some owners do not clean up after their pets
- Some owners will allow dogs off-leash
- The grass will be unsanitary for children
- Some people have a real fear of dogs
In the YES camp, the reasons cited are:
- Society is changing and more people want to bring their dogs with them.
- If you want a more walkable city, then we need to encourage places to walk to and enjoy.
This topic will come to Council on Feb 18. What’s your opinion?
Here is a video of why Rec & Parks asked for this change: