Artesia Boulevard’s new energy!
The bike lane is a great community asset that can be re-energized with 15 foot trees, drought resistant plants and low maintenance landscaping. I hope the new look will encourage neighbors to walk to Artesia Blvd to enjoy dinner or a dessert. If we add exercise equipment, we can enhance the experience for the runners, walkers and bike riders. Adding parking will help the businesses on the Boulevard thrive.
Below are a couple of ideas.
What’s going to happen?
First we need to know your thoughts!
- Residents want more parkland, more beautiful open spaces
- We have enough money to do one area of the bike path
- We will beautify more sections as the budget allows, or as community groups offer to help
- It all begins Wednesday, May 10, 7pm, Rec & Park Commission
- Send to SCE for final approval
Remember, this land belongs to Southern California Edison. SCE and other utilities must have access at all times, meaning they can tear it up anytime they need access. Landscaping needs to be easily and affordably replaceable.
Come to the Recreation & Park Commission meeting on May 10, 7:00pm
City Council Chambers to hear the presentation and give your input.