Artesia Boulevard, What can we do?
My vision for Artesia:
1) Form a task force comprised of real estate experts, residents, business owners to gather ideas and formulate a plan.
2) Study the business mix currently on Artesia Boulevard.
3) Discuss/learn/study the best mix for that area.
4) Market to the business categories we are lacking, based on studies above.
5) Fix up the public amenities:
Provide more lighting and nicer lighting.
Medians with drought resistant planting.
Add wi-fi to lighting
Lay fiber-optic cables whenever there is a street improvement planned
6) Provide a general guideline for signage and store fronts- perhaps provide a cost sharing or other incentive for improvements.
7) Communicate to business owners that we are making improvements to the Boulevard and ask if they will join us by upgrading their lots?
8) Find more parking
9) Beautify the SCE Edison Right-of-way to encourage neighborhood residents to walk to Artesia.
What are your ideas?