We have been trying to improve & energize Artesia Blvd to attract more businesses. Together, the city and the businesses will create community gathering areas and improved pedestrian experience.
First, we completed a study and asked for input. As a reminder, here was the latest post & pictures about the results & ideas for the Boulevards: https://emdee.org/energizing-artesia-aviation-corridors/
What were identified as the obstacles to energize Artesia Blvd?
- Small Lots
- Building allowed vs land cost
- Stringent Parking Requirements
On Tuesday, July 12. City Council will give direction to staff on how to move forward. We’d like to get Council’s direction on the following topics:
- Given land and construction costs would you support planning for a parking garage(s) for the Corridors?
- Since Staff is already pursuing a BID for Artesia Boulevard, would you support including a parking benefit district as part of that strategy, including parking meters
- Do you want to invest in regular (e.g. annual) parking monitoring within the AACAP area?
- Which strategies would you support to increase parking flexibility, if any?
•On-site flexibility options: valet parking, mechanical lifts, tandem parking, & adjusted parking requirements • Off-site flexibility options: off-site dedicated parking & on-street parking credits